If you want to subscribe to the mailing list, too, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe photoclubmembers" in the body.
Now, meeting minutes! Meetings will be every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month at 5:30pm. The next meeting will be October 5th. That's 2 weeks from now, Wed 10/3.
First & foremost: THIS MONTH'S THEME!!! It is: Photo stories / photo essays. A series of 2+ [preferably 3+] photos that tell a story [or at the very least are related]. Accompanying explanations are great; they don't have to be super-obvious.
1. Upcoming events:
Saturday 9/24: 11am - Dolores Park Cafe - protest. There's a protest against the war in Iraq at the Dolores Park Cafe at 501 Dolores St @ 18th St in SF. More info at http://upcoming.org/event/31907/
Saturday 9/24: 12 noon - Love Parade in SF. This year's parade starting location is at Market & 2nd Street and opens at 12 Noon. More info at http://loveparadesf.org
Sunday 9/25: 11am till 6pm - Folsom Street Fair in SF. It was mentioned at the meeting as "leather fest" & this is what my google search turned up. You can find it at Folsom Street between Seventh and 12th streets in SF. More info at http://www.sfgate.com/listings/event.php?traveler,e171305
2. Photo Club Excursions!
a) Sunday 9/25 - PANCAKES and the How Berkeley Can You Be? Parade. We'll meet at 10 at Erin & Avery's house [those are our co-presidents, in case you didn't know] for a pancake breakfast, & at 11 we'll head over to the How Berkeley Can You Be Parade? for some photo fun. Yay naked old people! Erin or Avery will be sending out another email with their address. More info on the parade at http://www.howberkeleycanyoube.com/parade.shtml ; more info on the pancake breakfast by emailing Erin at email@example.com (also please email Erin to RSVP so she & Avery know how many pancakes to prepare!)
b) Thursday 9/29 - 5pm - Berkeley Art Museum (BAM). We're meeting at 5pm outside of BAM [across the street from the University just below Bowditch] to see an exhibit that Erin *claims* exists [that I can't seem to find on the BAM site] about "How you deal with your possessions," as well as one that *actually* exists called "Yosemite in Time." More info on the exhibits at http://www.bampfa.berkeley.edu/exhibits/index.html
3. http://www.photoalliance.org - This website has a lot of really cool photo-related stuff. Upcoming events as listed on the site:
Friday, September 23, 2005, 7:30pm
SFAI Theatre, 800 Chestnut Street, San Francisco
$10 lecture admission and $5 students
Sake and Sushi Reception with the Artist
6:00pm at Pete's Cafe at SFAI
$25 per person, includes reception and reserved seating at the lecture following. Space is limited!
There's lots of other cool stuff, so check out that site & bookmark it!
4. http://alumni.berkeley.edu/students/homecoming/CALtography.asp - This year's homecoming CALtography contest! This link takes you to the information page about the CALtography contest & gives the info on the alumni section -- but don't fret. There's a link from there to download a MS Word document that has the application for the student division. The deadline for submissions is Monday, September 26, 2005 at 5 pm. Please deliver all entries to the front desk of Alumni House, across from the Zellerbach Playhouse, West of Haas Pavilion.
[link directly to the MS Word document: http://alumni.berkeley.edu/docs/Students/student/Student_Caltography_Packet_2005_v2.doc]
5. Other stuff!
- Start thinking more about calendar submissions. We've produced a Photo Club calendar 2 years running, & we'll do it again for 2006. Have a month in mind? Take a photo for it! Have a photo that you think would be perfect for the calendar? Let us know!
- Fall Arts Fest. I can't find any information about it on the web right now [maybe I'm not looking hard enough...], but basically, BAM puts on a festival featuring professional and student art, & last year we got to have our own exhibit. However, it was rather hastily put together, so if you want to submit some artwork to it, start getting that ready. Erin will be telling us more about it, but what we essentially want you to do is start thinking about what pieces of art you'd most like to have on display.
- Erin is in a play! It debuts October 7th & it's called "Cradle Will Rock." Ask her for info about it.
- Jones Soda labels. Submit a photo to the Jones Soda company for them to put on a bottle label! Info about that at http://www.jonessoda.com/files_new/yrlab.html
- Who wants to teach a workshop? We'll take anything! Have any great hints about composition? Long exposures? Neat developing tricks? Are you super-adept at Photoshop? ANYTHING?! Look something up on the internet that you've always wondered, & tell us all about it!! Email Erin if you're interested [again - firstname.lastname@example.org].
- One of our members [who failed to identify herself] would like to do some concert photography. She suggested in particular a show on Telegraph at Mama Buzz Cafe [http://www.mamabuzzcafe.com] on 10/1. Her friend's band is playing that evening. Hopefully upon seeing this she'll send her own email announcement out.
- We have both a blog [http://ucbphotoclub.blogspot.com/] as well. But, of course, this is better.
Again, please post pictures & photo-related announcements [& within reason, non-photo related announcements. Try to draw SOME connection if possible!]